in Durban North
Glenview Guest House
in Durban North
The perfect base in Durban — whether for business, holidays, a romantic weekend or team building events.
Enjoy comfortable contemporary accommodation and highly praised service in the beautiful surroundings of Glenview. The multi-level guest house is nestled in a quiet circle and boasts unrivalled views of the Glen — where else in the city can you see buzzards and falcons on the prey? This tranquility is a mere 6-minute drive from the ever-expanding Riverhorse Valley Office and Industrial Park, and 10 minutes from Umhlanga Ridge and the Gateway Mall. Easily accessible from the N2, we are 20 minutes from King Shaka International Airport.
Glenview earned a place in the 2016 TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Top SA 25, the only KZN guest house to receive that honour. We were also rated by Accommodation Direct as the 2016 Best Value Top Establishment.
Come and experience our outstanding service and warm hospitality.
What our guests say
Wow, wow, wow!!!!! What else can I say. From the minute we walk into the Guest house we were treated like ROYALTY …. I travel quite a bit for work and stay at various hotels and guest houses, but … this was by far the best experience.
I would most definitely recommend this guesthouse to anybody looking for a “home away from home” around the Durban area. Cozy rooms , great breakfasts and outstanding service no matter what your reason for travel may be!
Quality beds and linen
We have nine stylish rooms, all with en-suite bathrooms. Some rooms have magnificent views of the surrounding vegetation. In the words of an appreciative guest:
“It feels like living in a tree house”
Glenview can accommodate up to 20 guests at a time:
- Family rooms with two sleeping areas: a main bedroom plus a double bed (or 2 single beds) adjacent to a kitchenette. Kitchenettes are equipped with a microwave, toaster, kettle, crockery and cutlery. A family room has a shared en-suite bathroom with a shower, basin and toilet. Glenview has two family rooms which are ideal for long stays.
- Standard rooms comprise a double, king or single bed and en-suite bathrooms. These have access to a communal lounge and kitchen.
We make use of eco-friendly heat pumps to heat our water and to reduce our carbon footprint.
Facilities and services
While comfortable and attractive, your room is not where you will spend all your time.
Visit our entertainment area to find
- a large guest lounge with ample space and dining room tables
- tables to sit and work or play cards or games (we enjoy it when our guests join in for a round RummiKub, Pictionary or card games).
- dart board, table tennis, pool table
- chill area and outside dining/sundowner deck
Delights in our garden …
- different braai areas and facilities
- private garden retreats
- a boma and fire pit
We cater for groups
Glenview is a popular choice for group bookings by sport teams or fans.
A hearty breakfast is served on the verandah with its magnificent view of the Glen and the green, purple and orange hues of leaves and tree canopies that greet the sunrise.
- Breakfast is served at 7:00-9:00.
- Breakfast is served by prior arrangement only. Please arrange when booking.
- Breakfast is charged at an extra fee.
- During the holidays, guests are requested
to make use of our self-catering facilities,
since breakfast will not be served.
The family rooms have equipped kitchenettes and all standard rooms have access to a communal kitchen and a dining area which can accommodate up to twenty people. Various braai areas are available.
The Black Collared Barbet
Glenview Guest House offers prime conference facilities. Conduct your planning and evaluation sessions or management meetings in our our air-conditioned Black Collared Barbet conference room. Tastefully furnished with custom-made cypress wooden furniture, it can accommodate up to 23 people. The conference room is equipped with a projector, a pull-down screen, white boards and pin boards.
Refreshments are served on our verandah offering exquisite views. The verandah can also be utilised for small breakaway groups.
A special home cooked dinner
We offer dinner to conference and corporate guests by prior arrangement. Do not miss the opportunity to experience hostess Michele’s culinary skills and attentiveness in atmospheric surroundings.
BYO: Guests are requested to provide their own alcoholic beverages.
After a busy day …
Relax in our lush cascading garden with magnificent fish-tail palms, cycads and ferns surrounding the pool. Consider a braai around the fire pit for a relaxing evening after a busy day.
Make Glenview your next conference venue.